Jewish Studies is a unique interdisciplinary program where students can pursue their interests by choosing from courses offered by more than 20 different departments, centres, and programs at the University of Toronto.
Why Choose Jewish Studies?
A small and close-knit program, Jewish Studies offers:
- Small classes with lots of interaction with professors and other students
- High-quality academic advising from the Undergraduate Director
- Opportunities to get into classes in other departments that are otherwise restricted
- Numerous scholarship opportunities
- Several work-study positions with teams of other students on Centre activities and events
- Financial support to study abroad, in Israel or elsewhere
- Renowned faculty members who are leaders in their fields
- A vibrant student life including many events and activities
- A truly welcoming atmosphere and meeting space
What Can I Do With a Degree in Jewish Studies?
When you follow your interests, you learn more deeply. Plus — it never hurts to have a unique program of study listed on your transcript or resume! A Major or Minor in Jewish Studies helps you stand out from the pack when you apply for jobs and provides a strong foundation for further studies in fields such as:
- Graduate studies in liberal arts and social sciences
- International relations and public policy
- Social Work